From the first committee weeks, through sine die, the end of every Legislative Session, Working Families Lobby Corps activists represent Florida’s working people at the Capitol. Those same activists leave the Capitol empowered to take the fight home, spreading the word about how “politics as usual” really works in Tallahassee, and galvanizing their Sisters and Brothers to join the fight.
This year, the union members and citizen activists of the Working Families Lobby Corps will be in Tallahassee once again – every day – to make sure ALL working people in the state are represented fairly. We will continue to be there every day to speak out in favor of workers, and WILL be heard.
As a member of the Working Families Lobby Corp you will:
- Legislative briefing takes place on Monday afternoon.
- Enjoy breakfast briefings Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings discussing the most important issues of the day and developing the tactics and strategies to win the fight.
- Meet with your Senator, Representative and county delegation members
- Participate in critical committee meetings where public policy takes shape, speaking up for workers and their families
- A party at the end of the week for fun and solidarity with your union sisters and brothers from across the state
- Learn how to take the fight home and stay involved in your community
The Working Families Lobby Corps is one of the most impactful civic events you will ever participate in and hundreds come back year after year. This is supposed to be a democracy, but if you aren’t in the game as a player, you’re just getting played! Join the fight to build a better Florida!
2019 Interim Committee Weeks
November 4-8. 2019
December 9-13, 2019
2020 Legislative Session
January 14, 2020, through March 13, 2020
January 14-17, 2020*
January 20-24, 2020**
January 27-31, 2020
February 3-7, 2020
February 10-14, 2020
February 17-21, 2020
February 24-28, 2020
March 2-6, 2020
March 9-13, 2020
*Session starts on Tuesday, January 14th
** Monday, January 20, 2020, is Martin Luther King’s Birthday
- Monday – 12:00 PM arrival, review of the week, a tour of Capitol for new member lobbyists.
- Tuesday – Thursday – 7:00 AM breakfast is served. At 7:30 AM we begin the morning briefing, review legislative issues, and plan special assignments.
Your support as a sponsor helps Working Families Labor Corp happen. Click here to download our sponsor form.
Click here to download a local hotel and reservation guide.
For more information on how you can be a part of our bold and powerful legislative program, please contact Phyllis Garrett at firstname.lastname@example.org.